Lancaster Fox are recruiting a Materials Buyer on behalf of one of London’s most well respected Principal Contractors. They have been operating for nearly 100 years and have an excellent reputation for delivering high quality schemes with values of up to £20m.
This is a unique opportunity to join the progressive team, working alongside some of the most highly respected Senior Procurement proffessionals within the industry and they are renowned for the in house training and progression opportunities that they provide.
- Sourcing and developing with the supply chain, products and innovations that save time and reduce cost to the business through added value and value engineering
- Managing main categories across company sites, setting the strategy for the business
- Developing stronger purchasing leverage over strategic categories
- Review of Pre-qualification Questionnaires, Profiling strategic suppliers using purchasing tools for financial, technical, service and company compatibility assessments
- Ensure the award of orders takes into account past performance, best use of capacities and skills
– 3 + Years of Materials Buying experience within a construction environment
– Stable employment background
– Strong communication, negotiation and client facing skills
– Team Player